Friday, February 23, 2007

Citizens Commission on Human Rights

I am a real fan of CCHR.

Long before I became a Scientologist two things happened that affected me deeply. Both involved close friends being destroyed by psychiatry.

One was my best friend. One day she'd had it with her 4 kids aged 4 - 12 and she lost it -- screaming at them and carrying on. Not cool. Fine. Her husband brought her to the best private psychiatric hospital in town to get help for her. And he signed his okay for shock treatment. 17 in all. Then they put her on thorazine. Boy did that cure her. She would wake up around noon, walk downstairs, maybe get something to eat, sit in the living room for an hour or so, dozing off most of the time, and wander back up to the bedroom. This was a vibrant, beautiful, loving woman. She became a zombee.

I'll tell the other story too, one of these days.

It's one thing for psychs not to know what causes people to act as they do (and if you have any doubt about that, watch the CCHR DVD. You can get a copy at www.cchr.org) But for them to harm people the way they did my friend.... It was then that I realized this was more than just pretense and quackery. This was destruction.

No matter how bad it is, Something CAN Be Done About It!
Learn how with the Scientology Handbook based on the works of L. Ron Hubbard

No comments: