Thursday, April 05, 2007

Scientology Disaster Relief Team for the Solomon Islands

I was really surprised to realize I had no idea where the Solomon Islands were until I read this story:
Scientology Today: Scientology Disaster Relief Team for the Solomon Islands

I sort of vaguely noticed it when the story of Monday's tsunami hit. I don't even think I would have noticed that if I wasn't atuned to the word because of the Dec 2004 tsunami.

I can hardly imagine the kind of devastation they experienced.

I was really surprised to realize I had no idea where the Solomons were. So I looked it up and found out that one of the there are actually 1000 of these islands, and one of them is caled Guadalcanal. Ring a bell? It was a famous battle from World War II.

I'm so glad a team of VMs is headed out to help these people.

No comments: